Join us in an exciting workshop provided by MERGE Diverse Abilities Inclusion Consulting and guest speaker Nate Johnson of North Quabbin Citizen Advocacy on Thursday, April 27th hosted by Pakachoag Center in Auburn, MA. This professional development opportunity is sponsored by the Arc of Massachusetts’s Pathways To Friendship Project, partnering with Open Sky and North Quabbin Citizen Advocacy. Participants will represent recreational, cultural, enrichment, faith based, or any community organization/business seeking to create a culture of inclusion. Here’s a peek into what professionals like yourself will take from this 5-hour workshop:
● Learn about the principles of disability inclusion that community-based programs should embrace and implement in order to be authentically inclusive of persons with disabilities (while also creating a culture where friendships can be fostered)
● Be able to distinguish between the steps in the journey from access to inclusion to belonging, and understand the importance of creating and identifying social roles for persons with disabilities to help them to be valued members of their community
● Learn proper terminology, empowering language and suggested disability etiquette and interactions, giving them the tools and confidence to welcome, engage and support persons with diverse abilities
● Solve “inclusion scenarios” by using the strategies learned and practiced, helping you to manage common hurdles experienced when supporting persons with disabilities
● Exploring, share and make connections to other organizations, partnerships & resources
● Leave with action points to implement back to your organization immediately.
You are invited to join us to strengthen your capacity to be more disability inclusive in your practices!
Your next steps:
1. REVIEW the attached promotional flyer
2. REGISTER using this link: bit.ly/PathwaysCentral2023
3. SHARE with others who may be interested
REQUESTS FOR ACCOMMODATIONS CAN BE MADE BY 4/21 TO: RHAYWARD@ARCMASS.ORG
Hope to see you on April 27th @ 9:30 am at Pakachoag Center in Auburn, MA!