For information about Adult Family Care services in Worcester, South Norfolk, or Middlesex Counties call 508-318-7531 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Family Care (AFC) is a program that provides both financial support and practical assistance to caregivers. With a monthly stipend and personal, professional assistance from our staff, you can continue to care for your loved ones at home, where they are most comfortable. Plus, you and your entire family will have access to Open Sky's many resources and supports including social and recreational opportunities, behavioral health support, and more.
A family member qualifies if they are over the age of 16, either disabled or elderly, and need assistance with one or more of the tasks of daily living such as bathing, eating or dressing. Adult Family Care is also available to help support qualifying individuals placed in homes with caregivers who are not relatives.
AFC Caregiver Benefits:
• Tax-free monthly stipend
• Ongoing nursing support from caring professionals
• Training and support from Open Sky staff
• The satisfaction of helping someone live as comfortably and independently as possible in their own home
• The person receiving services must be 16 years of age or older
• They must need assistance with one or more activities of daily living
• They must be eligible for MassHealth
• They must be unable to live on their own
• Assistance with personal care
• Providing medication reminders and assistance
• Providing transportation to medical appointments and social activities
• Maintaining a clean, safe home
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.