Adult Family Care (AFC) is a program that provides both financial support and practical assistance to families who are caring for a family member at home. A family member qualifies if they are over the age of 16, either disabled or elderly, meet eligibility requirements and need assistance with one or more of the tasks of daily living such as bathing, eating or dressing. Adult Family Care is also available to help support qualifying individuals placed in homes with caregivers who are not relatives.
AFC Caregiver Benefits:
• Tax-free monthly stipend
• Ongoing nursing support from caring professionals
• Training and support from qualified and fun Open Sky staff
• The satisfaction of helping someone live as comfortably and independently as possible in their own home
• Assistance with personal care
• Providing medication reminders and assistance
• Providing transportation to medical appointments and social activities
• Maintaining a clean, safe home
• The person receiving services must be 16 years of age or older
• They must need assistance with one or more activities of daily living
• They must be eligible for MassHealth
• They must be unable to live on their own
While families often wish to care for a person with a disability or an elderly loved one at home, this isn’t always the easiest option. Because caring for someone who can no longer live safely on their own is a big job, Adult Family Care (AFC) is here to help.
Contact Open Sky’s Adult Family Care program. You’ll begin with a telephone interview and complete an application process. If appropriate, an AFC placement specialist will contact you for a personal home/family interview. The AFC Office Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
For information about Adult Family Care services in North Worcester County, call (978)-958-0214 or email email@example.com
For information about Adult Family Care services in South Norfolk County, Middlesex County, or the remaining areas of Worcester County, call 508-318-7531 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org