Who We Are
The Open Sky Family Support Center is here to support you and your family. We know that navigating the services and supports available to individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities and Autism can be challenging. Our goal is to provide the training, support and advocacy to meet both your day-to-day needs and long-term goals.
Opened in February 2021, we are a program of Open Sky Community Services, funded by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS). With offices at Alternatives Whitin Mill in Whitinsville, we support children and adults with developmental/intellectual disabilities and Autism who live with their families in the communities of Bellingham, Blackstone, Douglas, Franklin, Grafton, Hopedale, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millville, Millbury, Northbridge, Sutton, Upton and Uxbridge. The Center is available to support the entire family.
We Are Here For You
We are dedicated to tailoring our services to meet your family’s needs. We will help you and your family member in building relationships at home, and in the community, that are respectful of your culture, values and preferences.
We recognize that families play an important role in achieving success, and believe that supporting the whole family leads to better outcomes.
How We Can Help
- By assisting you to navigate available DDS services and supports
- By providing trainings
- With individual and small group consultations
- Connecting and referring your family to community resources
- Offering cultural and recreational activities and providing information about activities offered by others
- By providing mentoring, networking opportunities and support services
- With the administration of flexible funding
Open Sky is also an Adult Family Care provider which assists caregivers with professional support and stipends
Activities We Offer:
Concerts and art shows
- Arts and crafts and cooking classes - Virtual and in-person
- Yoga, dance and walking clubs
Family outings to zoos, museums, movies, sporting events
Inclusive recreational programming, such as our annual Cornhole Tournament
Visit our Resource Library!
Due to COVID precautions the office is open by appointment only at this time. Please call or email to schedule a time to meet with someone.